BORN FROM THE ASHES




BORN FROM THE ASHES

I live with the wreaked pieces in a wrecked up world,
The tears and stitches--a reflection of the Netherworld.

Avenged sevenfold, I am.
I need no fixtures; I am happy with the sutures.

I painted a picture so vivacious
That it turned me into a woman so pernicious.

Eyes fixated on the surreal and devastation everywhere,
I huddle within myself to save my pieces scattered somewhere.

I look back up; the bizarre mix of fact and fantasy,I see.
A blazing fire consumes me, eradicating the old 'Me'.

In place is a woman I have never seen before.
Burnished is her soul;

Tarnished is her self,
Askew is her appearance.

Born from the ashes,
Surreptitious imperfections she no longer hides.

______________________________

A/N: Every strong woman or a person who is trying to be strong will be able to relate to this poem. In this era, being strong is not a choice but a necessity!

Now published on commaful, wattpad and wheniwrit.

Comments

Popular Posts